April 21, 2010

Runnin Lady

This lady ran the Salt Lake City half marathon on Saturday because she wanted to. BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO! My mom never ran when I was growing up. She hated it, in fact. But last year she decided she wanted to conquer running. So she practiced in the mornings and then ran a 5K. And then a 10K. And now a half marathon. She gives me hope that one day I can accomplish things I set my mind to.

She barely even broke a sweat. She finished in 2hours and 40 minutes. The same time as her 29 year old friend and 22 year old Natalie. She's 49.


After she was finished we rewarded her with a ride on Monica's lap in the wheelchair.






3 comments:

  1. Kaitlin, I would die before the first mile. I love it when people set goals and they accomplish them. Can you imagine running for over two and a half hours straight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! i had no idea! that is so awesome! i dont really ever run...hehe!

    ReplyDelete