I hate the city of American Fork. There, I said it! I hate the whole city! I believe I hate it for a couple of reasons: 1. Everyday on the way to/from work on the freeway I am brought to a grinding traffic halt in American Fork. Every. Single. Day.
2. Some of my least favorite people in the whole world come from American Fork. It's true that there are also several people I deeply love that are from American Fork, but unfortunately, the good can't cancel out the bad.
I've tried to tolerate American Fork. I have been there under positive circumstances and have tried to do fun things. But it just always feels...off. My favorite restaurants feel different in American Fork. Everything feels so oppressive and...crafty. Even the air in American Fork seems to reek of judgement, hypocrisy, and matching rod iron lawn decor. I don't mind the other Utah County towns so much. Sure, they seem a little off and I sometimes worry that there is inbreeding going on, but they're ok. I just can't get over my prejudice. I'm sorry! If you are from American Fork please don't tell me. Just say you're from Utah County.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH my gosh. I'm about to cry. your biggest hate is my biggest love. this is so sad. I'm so sorry to see that we have this wedge in our relationship now. I'm sorry to hear of your feelings. I am holding out hope that someday they change. Except that I hate the construction part. I'll amen to that.
ReplyDelete