We got married and had our reception at Le Jardin in Sandy, Utah. It was beautiful and got even more beautiful as the sun set.
I am late for everything. This is a fact. If I get to work twenty minutes late, I am proud of myself for not being forty minutes late. Bobby always teased me that I would be late to my own wedding and....I was. We asked that our guests be seated fifteen minutes before the ceremony started, and that's just when I arrived. Keep in mind it took at least thirty minutes to lace up the dress. I just let the guests sit.
Finally I'm ready to walk down the aisle with my Dad
The music was playing

And two bridesmaids had gone down the aisle when the photographer runs up to me telling me to stop. The groom was gone! Because he had forgotten the rings. At first I thought it was a joke. This is completely out of the ordinary for Bobby, it had to be some sick joke. But alas, it wasn't. And I laughed and laughed. I'm glad Bobby could make a mistake. One time. In his whole life. So we paused for about twenty minutes. The rest of the day went beautifully, everything was perfect and magical.

Yes, Monica is just wearing socks. But if you look at my feet, I'm wearing Vans. Who am I to dictate what people wear on their feet?

Aaron did a fantastic job with the music! And did you know you could book him for your next event? It's true. I am so grateful for him and his friendship.

Carrie Biggers of Carrie's Cakes made our cake and it was beautiful! The cake was delicious and was simply stunning. And did you know Carrie has been featured on TLC's Ultimate Cake Off?! Yes, it's true! Her daughter, Brie, is and has been one of my best friends. We grew up together and used to play embarrassing games at recess where we would pretend we were wild cats and would make nests for our babies out of the grass clippings. In high school, she made JSO bearable, and then recently she introduced me to THE BEST PIZZA I'VE EVER HAD. But I won't tell you what it is, unless you beg. I can't just broadcast it because I don't want it to be crowded when I go there again. But seriously, browse through Carrie's site and just try to tell me you're not planning what wedding cake you want for your first/next wedding.

To those friends who came to the wedding: Thank you. Your presence meant the world to us. To those friends who missed it: We missed you! But we still love you.


Awww I hadn't read this blog post yet. CUTE! Finally I see some of the pictures. I was wondering when I'd see them. That day was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You were beautiful. Bobby was beautiful. The fantastic Alice in Wonderland place we were was beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy I was there.
I'm so happy you were there.
:)