September 23, 2010

Goodbye World

This is the last time I'll ever post as Kaitlin Jensen. I thought the occasion deserved a post. I've tried and tried to decide just how to summarize the last 23 years as "Jensen," but it was too hard. Every experience I've ever had has been as "Jensen," I can't summarize that without crying. So instead I'll talk about the pros and cons of the last name Jensen in elementary school.

Pros:
1. Middle of the alphabet. When sitting/lining up in alphabetical order I never had to be in the front or the back of the line, which was were I was most uncomfortable. You also had the best chance of being somewhat close to the boy/girl you liked, because the middle is...well the middle.
2. "Jensen" is such a common name that it's hard to make fun of effectively.
3. Everyone understands you when you say "Jensen"

Cons:
1. It's just so common! There were always a million other people with that last name in every class. Heaven forbid a teacher call on you by your last name. Five other "Jensens" would answer.
2. With such a common last name it's easy to fade into the "students who are good and/or not memorable" category.
3. It is assumed that I am directly related to every other "Jensen" in the world. This is not true.

"Bean" is the exact opposite of everything good and bad about "Jensen." What a crazy new adventure.

1 comment: