August 16, 2010

A Conversation That Happened in Real Life

OIT Employee: "I think you should know, I mean I just wanted to make you aware that I went in the conference room after your Senior Operator meeting and someone had written on a napkin that they should go out and celebrate because prop 8 had been overturned*. I mean, as a supervisor I think you should know this is going on."

Me: "Ok..... (very long awkward pause)"


*I wrote this napkin note. I did indeed go out and celebrate.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually having all of these internal conflicts about prop 8 and how members of the church treat others about it until I read your blog. Thanks for your open mindedness, because it changed the way I think and now I'm a lot more at peace about the situation. <3

    I deleted that other comment because I made a spelling error and I couldn't surrender my dignity like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/039/080/original/5008_9c00_420.gif?1265669754

    We sure did celebrate! That is ridiculous, but not at all surprising.

    Remember when we were leaving Gloria's and I yelled, "Let's go to California and get gay married!" and there was a car with its windows down with all those scandalized people?

    Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have been there to witness your amazing, long awkward pause. I'm picturing it with my eyes closed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how ignorant people can be! Sometimes it makes me giggle and think I'm better than they are because I can have an open mind about things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost sure I know who the OIT Employee was, but I can't be sure until you tell me! It has one person written all over it.

    P.S. Next time we should write it on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm going to go in there and leave napkins with tolerant things written all over them.
    what a crazy person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha
    i don't know why i just barely found this blog post.
    my life has been lacking until now.

    ReplyDelete